IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
John Linnell, 1792–1882, British, Thomas Palmer, 1813
- Brown ink and brown wash on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 3 1/2 x 5 7/8 inches (8.9 x 14.9 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower right: "Mr. Palmer"
Signed and dated in brown ink, lower right: "J. Linnell 1813"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- eyeglasses | gaze | man | middle-aged | portrait | profile | stripes | thoughtful
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
English Portrait Drawings & Miniatures (Yale Center for British Art, 1979-12-05 - 1980-02-17) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.