IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Daniel Lysons, 1762–1834, British, Tomb of an unidentified King's Nurse from Hampton Church, between 1796 and 1811
Tomb of an unidentified King's Nurse from Hampton Church
- Former Title(s):
The Environs of London, Vol.II: Tomb of unidentified woman, ? Nurse to a King Tomb is dated 1562 from Hampton Church
- Part Of:
- between 1796 and 1811
- Pen and black ink watercolor over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 15 × 10 5/8 inches (38.1 × 27 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper left: "Hampton Vol XII page 77"; inscribed, upper right: "237"; inscribed, lower center: "This dated is cut on the Pillow under the Head | 1562 | NOVEMBER THE 6DAY."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | church | memorial | tomb
- Associated Places:
- England | Greater London | Hampton | London | St Mary's Parish Church | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.