- Memorial to a Poet, Richard Tickell from Hampton Church
- between 1796 and 1811
- Pen and black ink and watercolor over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 15 1/4 × 11 1/8 inches (38.7 × 28.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper left: "Hampton Vol XII page 80; inscribed, upper right: "244"; inscribed, lower center: "This Tickell was a Poet and held some appointment | in Somerset House. He came down to Hampton | Court and in a fit of insanity threw himself | from the upper apartments of the Palace, gell on | the pavement below and was kill'd on the spot."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Daniel Lysons, 1762–1834, British, Memorial to a Poet, Richard Tickell from Hampton Church, between 1796 and 1811
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.