- Bodiam Castle
- Watercolor and gouache on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 1/2 × 11 7/8 inches (21.6 × 30.2 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "Mellon 9927G"; upper right: "67/4/26/7"; lower right: " 'Bodiam Castle' | by H.Morton Ex 1807-1825 | ill to Views nv Hastings"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | banks | basket | battlements | cap (headgear) | castle | defensive walls | fishermen (people) | fishing | fishing rods | gate | hat | landscape | loopholes | men | moat | moated castle | portcullis | ruins | ruins | stonework | towers (building divisions) | trees | vines | walls | water
- Associated Places:
- Bodiam | East Sussex | England | Europe | Robertsbridge | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Morton, ca. 1807–1825, British, Bodiam Castle, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.