- Tomb of Gregory Lovell and his Wife Anne, Harlington Church
- between 1796 and 1811
- Watercolor, graphite, and pen and black ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 7/8 × 10 5/8 inches (37.8 × 27 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper left: "Harlington Vol XIII page 129"; in graphite, upper right: "266"
Lettered inside image in pen and black ink, center: "Gregory Lovell Esquyer [...] Lord | of this churche and Anne his Wyffe an who is | which Gregory decessyd ye xxyth day of Octobr | MCCCCCxlv and Anne decessyd ye | Lorde God M[...]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | historical subject | tomb
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | London | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Daniel Lysons, 1762–1834, British, Tomb of Gregory Lovell and his Wife Anne, Harlington Church, between 1796 and 1811
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.