Brass Plate to Thomas and Alicia Broke, Parish Church of St. Margaret, Barking
- Former Title(s):
Brass Plate for Thomas Burke from Barking Church
- Part Of:
- between 1796 and 1811
- Graphite, watercolor, and pen and black ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 3/8 × 10 3/4 inches (36.5 × 27.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper left: "Barking Vol XIV page 90"; upper center: "Barking:"; in graphite, upper right: "292"; in pen and black ink, lower center: "Scale 3 Inches to a Foot. | In the Middle Aisle | Scale 1/2 an inch to a Foot"
Lettered inside image in black ink, center: "Hic Jacent Thoms Broke & Alicia uxor erus qui quidem | Thomas obiit V die mensis ffebruarij Anno uni m cccc | lxxxxiii quorum Animabus ppicietur deus A M E N"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- historical subject
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | London | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Daniel Lysons, 1762–1834, British, Brass Plate to Thomas and Alicia Broke, Parish Church of St. Margaret, Barking, between 1796 and 1811
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.