The Environs of London: Brass plate for Unidentified Infant from East Ham Church
- between 1796 and 1811
- Pen and black ink and watercolor over graphite on medium, slightly texutered, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 15 7/8 × 10 5/8 inches (40.3 × 27 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper left: "Eastham Vol XIV page 143"; inscribed upper right: "299"; inscribed, lower center: "The remains of a Tomb on the Pavement near the Altar | East Ham Church Essex, the arms and Inscription lost. | 1797"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- brass | church | memorial | plate
- Associated Places:
- East Ham | England | Greater London | London | St Mary Magdalene Parish Church | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Daniel Lysons, 1762–1834, British, The Environs of London: Brass plate for Unidentified Infant from East Ham Church, between 1796 and 1811
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.