Brass Plate for Mrs. Hale, Daughter of Porter, Walthamstow Church
- Part Of:
- between 1796 and 1811
- Graphite, watercolor and pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 13 3/4 × 10 3/4 inches (34.9 × 27.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper left: "Walthamstow Vol XV page 214"; in graphite, upper right: "310"; in pen and gray ink, upper center, "Scale 1/2 an inch to a foot"; lower center: "Scale, four inches to a foot"
Lettered inside image in pen and black ink, center: "Filia Porteri: Thalamis sociata sed Halo: | Grantham me genuit. nunc tegor hoc tumul. I Quatuor, en, Natos Natas totidem relinquo. | Nunc quoq cum christo, qui vocat ecce migro. | Terra fui: cinis, et pulvis, tamen ista resumo. | cum sanctis vivens Judice laeta deo. | vos orate pij lectores quilibet ergo, | Dicat quisq pius, propitiato deus. 1588"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | historical subject | praying | robes
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | London | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Daniel Lysons, 1762–1834, British, Brass Plate for Mrs. Hale, Daughter of Porter, Walthamstow Church, between 1796 and 1811
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.