Tomb and Brass Plate of Alan Porter, from Chiselhurst Church
- Former Title(s):
The Environs of London: Tomb and Brass Plate of Alan Porter, from Chiselhurst Church
- Part Of:
- between 1796 and 1811
- Materials & Techniques:
- Pen and black ink, watercolor and gouache over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 13 3/4 × 11 1/8 inches (34.9 × 28.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper left: "Chiselhurst Vol XVI page 348"; upper right: " 328"; in graphite, lower right: "Chiselhurst"
Lettered inside image in black ink, lower center: "Orate pro anima Alani Porter quondam Rector istius | ecclesie qui obiit die mensis Maii anno domini | M CCCCLXXXII Cujus anime propicietur Deus Amen"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | brass | church | memorial | plate | tomb
- Associated Places:
- Bromley | Chislehurst | England | Greater London | London | St. Nicholas' Church | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Daniel Lysons, 1762–1834, British, Tomb and Brass Plate of Alan Porter, from Chiselhurst Church, between 1796 and 1811
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.