Figures on a Beach
- after 1827
- Watercolor and graphite with pen and brown ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 5 7/16 × 11 inches (13.8 × 27.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on mount, lower left: "Samuel PROUT"; on mount, lower center: "Figures on a Beach"; on back of mount, center: "Samuel Prout | Figures on a Beach"
Watermark, upper center: "1827"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- barrel (container) | beach | boats | buildings | genre subject | hats | marine art | men | rocks (landforms) | sails | sand | sea | stripes | waves (natural events) | women | wood
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.