- Off Portsmouth: Boats Loading or Unloading a Large Hulk, Small Craft Nearby
- Watercolor over graphite on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 5/8 x 10 3/16 inches (16.9 x 25.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on mount, lower left: "Samuel PROUT (follower of)"; on mount, lower center: "Off Portsmouth..."; on back of mount, center: "Samuel Prout (follower of) | Off Portsmouth: boats loading or unloading | a large hulk, small craft nearby; gray clouds, | with shaft of sunshine, choppy seas."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | clouds | coast | hulk (watercraft by form) | marine art | port | sailboats | sea | ships | waves (natural events)
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Hampshire | Portsmouth | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Follower of Samuel Prout, 1783–1852, British, Off Portsmouth: Boats Loading or Unloading a Large Hulk, Small Craft Nearby, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.