Design for Gothic Ornamentation
- Pen and black ink on thin, slightly textured, cream wove paper mounted on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 1/8 x 12 inches (13 x 30.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, center left: "red or blue", "gold | if possible"; in pen and black ink, throughout, multiple times: "W", "Y", "g"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | architecture | design | Gothic (Medieval) | ornamentation
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Augustus Welby Northmore Pugin, 1812–1852, British, Design for Gothic Ornamentation, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.