Design for Gothic Ornamentation
- Pen and black ink on thin, slightly textured, cream wove paper mounted on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 1/8 x 12 inches (13 x 30.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, center left: "red or blue", "gold | if possible"; in pen and black ink, throughout, multiple times: "W", "Y", "g"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | architecture | design | Gothic (Medieval) | ornamentation
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Augustus Welby Northmore Pugin, 1812–1852, British, Design for Gothic Ornamentation, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.