Study of Figures at Ulm
- Graphite and watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, blued white wove paper
- Sheet (cropped to image): 3 5/16 x 4 7/16 inches (8.4 x 11.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Ulm"; on verso, upper right: "8"; on verso of mount, center: "Samuel Prout | Study of figures at Ulm: market | women with baskets, etc., all standing; | including one man with a basket in lower group"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- baskets | dresses | figure study | genre subject | hats | headscarves | kerchiefs | market (event) | men | peasants | scarves | women
- Associated Places:
- Baden-Württemberg | Europe | Germany | Tübingen | Ulm
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Prout, 1783–1852, British, Study of Figures at Ulm, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.