Study of Figures at Ulm
- Materials & Techniques:
- Graphite and watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 3 5/16 × 4 7/16 inches (8.4 × 11.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Ulm"; on verso, upper right: "8"; on verso of mount, center: "Samuel Prout | Study of figures at Ulm: market | women with baskets, etc., all standing; | including one man with a basket in lower group"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- baskets | dresses | figure study | genre subject | hats | headscarves | kerchiefs | market (event) | men | peasants | scarves | women
- Associated Places:
- Baden-Württemberg | Europe | Germany | Tübingen | Ulm
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Prout, 1783–1852, British, Study of Figures at Ulm, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.