Study of Figures at Schaffhausen
- Part Of:
- before 1841
- Materials & Techniques:
- Graphite and watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 3 7/16 × 4 7/16 inches (8.7 × 11.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, center right; "[...]"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Schaffhausen"; on verso of mount, center: "Samuel Prout | Study of figures at Schaffhausen: | market women etc., including three young | girls sitting in upper group"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- aprons (main garments) | baskets | bonnets | carrying | dresses | figure study | genre subject | girls | hats | headscarves | labor | laborers | market (event) | peasants | women | workers | working
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Schaffhausen | Switzerland
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Prout, 1783–1852, British, Study of Figures at Schaffhausen, before 1841
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.