- Designs for Altar and Processional Crosses
- Lithograph on thin, smooth, blue wove paper
- Sheet: 10 3/8 × 8 3/8 inches (26.4 × 21.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "altar and processional crosses"; throughout: numbers 1 through 7
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower right: "AWP | 1846"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- altar | architectural subject | Christ on the cross on Golgotha (alone, without bystanders) | crosses | crucifixes | designs | Gothic (Medieval)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Augustus Welby Northmore Pugin, 1812–1852, British, Designs for Altar and Processional Crosses, 1846
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.