Sketches of Houses and a Floor Plan and Designs for the Speaker's Chair and Panels on the Cloister Door
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Sketches of a Gothic Church
- Graphite and brush and black ink on thin, smooth, blue wove paper
- Sheet: 9 7/8 × 15 3/8 inches (25.1 × 39.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite and brush and black ink, throughout: notes and measurements
Watermark: "E SHAW & SON | COLTHROP MILLS | 1851"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- chair | church | cloister | designs | doors | floor plans | Gothic (Medieval) | house | key | ornamentation | scepter | spire | steeple | windows
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Augustus Welby Northmore Pugin, 1812–1852, British, Sketches of Houses and a Floor Plan and Designs for the Speaker's Chair and Panels on the Cloister Door, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.