Sketches of Houses and a Floor Plan and Designs for the Speaker's Chair and Panels on the Cloister Door
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Sketches of a Gothic Church
- Graphite and brush and black ink on thin, smooth, blue wove paper
- 9 7/8 × 15 3/8 inches (25.1 × 39.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite and brush and black ink, throughout: notes and measurements
Watermark: "E SHAW & SON | COLTHROP MILLS | 1851"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | chair | church | cloister | designs | doors | floor plans | Gothic (Medieval) | house | key | ornamentation | scepter | spire | steeple | windows
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Augustus Welby Northmore Pugin, 1812–1852, British, Sketches of Houses and a Floor Plan and Designs for the Speaker's Chair and Panels on the Cloister Door, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.