- View of Calcutta and its Environs: Town and Port of Calcutta
- Watercolor, graphite, white gouache, gray wash, and charcoal on moderately thick, slightly textured, gray/green, wove paper
- Mount: 11 9/16 × 16 7/16 inches (29.4 × 41.8 cm) and Sheet: 10 5/16 × 15 1/16 inches (26.2 × 38.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on mount, lower right: "Town and Port of Calcutta"; inscribed in graphite, on mount, upper right: "6."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Sir Charles D'Oyly, 1781–1845, British, active in India, View of Calcutta and its Environs: Town and Port of Calcutta, 1812
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.