- View of Calcutta and its Environs:General View of Calcutta from the Entrance to the Water Gate of Fort William
- Watercolor, graphite, and white gouache on moderately thick, moderately textured, blue gray, wove paper
- Mount: 6 3/4 × 21 inches (17.1 × 53.3 cm) and Sheet: 5 5/8 × 19 7/8 inches (14.3 × 50.5 cm)
Inscribed on mount in graphite, upper right: "12."; inscribed in graphite, on mount, lower right: "General view from the entrance to the Water Gate of Fort William"; inscribed in graphite, on mount, lower center: "CALCUTTA"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Sir Charles D'Oyly, 1781–1845, British, active in India, View of Calcutta and its Environs:General View of Calcutta from the Entrance to the Water Gate of Fort William, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.