- Fisherfolk on the Beach, Ostend
- Graphite and watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 3 9/16 x 6 1/4 inches (9 x 15.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on sheet attached to image, lower right: "Ostend"; on verso, lower right: "x"; on mount, lower left: "Samuel PROUT"; on mount, lower center: "Fisherfolk on the Beach - Ostend | Bathings Tents on the Beach - Ostend"; on verso of mount, center: "Samuel Prout | Upper: Fisherfolk on the Beach - Ostend | Lower: Bathing Tents on the Beach - Ostend"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- baskets | beach | bonnets | boys | children | family | food | genre subject | hats | leisure | men | picnic | pier (marine landing) | rocks (landforms) | sea | trousers | women | wood
- Associated Places:
- Belgium | Europe | Ostend | Vlaanderen | West Flanders
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Prout, 1783–1852, British, Fisherfolk on the Beach, Ostend, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.