IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Samuel Prout, 1783–1852, British, Fisherfolk on the Beach, Ostend, undated
Fisherfolk on the Beach, Ostend
- Graphite and watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 3 9/16 × 6 1/4 inches (9 × 15.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on sheet attached to image, lower right: "Ostend"; on verso, lower right: "x"; on mount, lower left: "Samuel PROUT"; on mount, lower center: "Fisherfolk on the Beach - Ostend | Bathings Tents on the Beach - Ostend"; on verso of mount, center: "Samuel Prout | Upper: Fisherfolk on the Beach - Ostend | Lower: Bathing Tents on the Beach - Ostend"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- baskets | beach | bonnets | boys | children | family | food | genre subject | hats | leisure | men | picnic | pier (marine landing) | rocks (landforms) | sea | trousers | women | wood
- Associated Places:
- Belgium | Europe | Ostend | Vlaanderen | West Flanders
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.