Original Frontispiece for 'Book of Ballads' (Bon Gaultier)
- ca. 1845
- Pen and black ink, watercolor and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 3/8 × 5 3/8 inches (18.7 × 13.7 cm)
Instribed in pen and black ink, upper left: "THE BOOK OF | BALLADS | Edited by | BON GAULTIER " . Beginning in center right" Illustrated by | Cronquill | Doyle | & | Leach" . Inscribed in graphite, lower right: " Alfred Crowquill. deln"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "Alfred Crowquill. del"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- book | caricature | chair | fez | Frontispiece | man | quill | text
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Alfred Henry Forrester, 1804–1872, British, Original Frontispiece for 'Book of Ballads' (Bon Gaultier), ca. 1845
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.