IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
James de Carle Sowerby, 1787–1871, British, A Crane, undated
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/8 × 7 7/16 inches (23.2 × 18.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "Vol II [...]"; center: "length from point of | bill to end of tail 3 ft |6 | shoulder to the quills 21 inches"; lower center: "longest feathers 3 feet"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | crane | text
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.