- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Graphite Toucan Sketch
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- 12 13/16 × 6 1/2 inches (32.5 × 16.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite center left: "too orange"; center right: "all the uncolored parts should be black"; extensive inscription on verso in pen and black ink.
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | birds | branch | Ramphastidae (family)
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James de Carle Sowerby, 1787–1871, British, Three Toucans, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.