- Additional Title(s):
- Watercolor, graphite, and pen and black ink on thin, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 1/8 × 4 3/8 inches (18.1 × 11.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper center: "all raven black with | a glow of blue green | where marked - tail and | tips of the wings | lighter"; in brown ink, lower center: "Xanthornus chrysopterus | 2/3 long nat. | Sup. Pl. 9"; on verso in graphite, center left: "18"; center: "By Jame Sowerby"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | bird | Golden-winged Cacique
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Sowerby, 1756–1822, British, Golden-winged Cacique, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.