James Sowerby, 1756–1822, British, A Three-fingered Sloth, undated
A Three-fingered Sloth
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Slight Sketch of a Sloth
- Watercolor over graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 11 7/8 × 9 1/2 inches (30.2 × 24.1 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "39"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | Mammalia (class) | Three-toed Sloths
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.