- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 14 7/16 x 13 3/4 inches (36.6 x 35 cm), Plate: 13 11/16 x 10 1/4 inches (34.7 x 26 cm), and Image: 13 7/16 x 9 15/16 inches (34.2 x 25.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, center right along edge: "Maxstoke Priory - 1 1/2 miles down | near Parkington _ Etched by Lord Wyfer ford (?)"; lower right: "Eldry"; on back, lower left: "EARL OF AYLESFORD"; lower right: "OF 20 | MAXTONE PRIORY"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- ancient | arches | buildings | bushes | church | fences | old | priory | ruins | rural | stones | towers | trees | vines | windows | wood
- Associated Places:
- England | Maxstoke | Maxstoke Priory | North Warwickshire | United Kingdom | Warwickshire
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Heneage Finch fourth Earl of Aylesford, 1751–1812, British, Maxstoke Priory, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.