- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 14 7/16 x 13 3/4 inches (36.6 x 35 cm), Plate: 13 11/16 x 10 1/4 inches (34.7 x 26 cm), Image: 13 7/16 x 9 15/16 inches (34.2 x 25.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, center right along edge: "Maxstoke Priory - 1 1/2 miles down | near Parkington _ Etched by Lord Wyfer ford (?)"; lower right: "Eldry"; on back, lower left: "EARL OF AYLESFORD"; lower right: "OF 20 | MAXTONE PRIORY"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- ancient | arches | architectural subject | buildings | bushes | church | fences | old | priory | ruins | rural | stones | towers | trees | vines | windows | wood
- Associated Places:
- England | Maxstoke | Maxstoke Priory | North Warwickshire | United Kingdom | Warwickshire
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Heneage Finch fourth Earl of Aylesford, 1751–1812, British, Maxstoke Priory, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.