- Soft-ground etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet (trimmed inside plate): 9 5/16 × 13 3/8 inches (23.7 × 34 cm) and Image: 8 15/16 x 13 1/16 inches (22.7 x 33.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "CROTCH + GARTIN: | COASTAL SCENE | a-b | IR 175/2"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Drawn & Etch'd by Wm. Crotch"; lower right: "Prepar'd & Aquafortis by Jno. Girtin"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beach | cliffs | coast | figures | landscape | mountains | rocks (landforms) | sea | shore (landform) | waves (natural events)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.