- Soft-ground etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 5/16 × 13 3/8 inches (23.7 × 34 cm) and Image: 8 15/16 x 13 1/16 inches (22.7 x 33.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "CROTCH + GARTIN: | COASTAL SCENE | a-b | IR 175/2"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Drawn & Etch'd by Wm. Crotch"; lower right: "Prepar'd & Aquafortis by Jno. Girtin"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beach | cliffs | coast | figures | landscape | mountains | rocks (landforms) | sea | shore (landform) | waves (natural events)
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.