Bantam Cock and Farmpails
- Additional Title(s):
- Materials & Techniques:
- Graphite on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 15 1/4 × 8 7/8 inches (38.7 × 22.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left:"Bantam Cock"; in brown ink center right: "Mr Sowerby's compliments to | Mr. Raushaw will thank him to | send the [...] Society's [...]"; on verso in graphite, lower right: "107"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "J. S. | 1820"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | chickens | pails
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Sowerby, 1756–1822, British, Bantam Cock and Farmpails, 1820
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.