- The Betrayal of Christ
- Line engraving with stipple engraving on moderately thick, slightly texutred, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 5/8 x 8 inches (24.4 x 20.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower center: "William Faithorne: | The Betrayal of Christ"
Lettered, lower left inside image: "1653"; lower right inside image: "W. Fathorne Scul"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- attacking | beards | Christian | embracing | fighting | gesturing | halo | illustration | kissing | lanterns | mountains | night | religious | religious and mythological subject | robes | Roman | rope | spears | swords | the kiss of Judas: accompanied by soldiers with torches and lanterns, he kisses Christ | torches
- Associated People:
- Peter, the Apostle, St. (ca. 1 BC - ca. 68 AD)
Jesus Christ (7-2 BC/BCE to 30-36 AD/CE)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Faithorne, ca. 1620–1691, British, The Betrayal of Christ, 1653
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.