- A Classical City
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper with cream chine-collé
- Sheet: 6 5/8 × 8 7/8 inches (16.8 × 22.5 cm) and Image: 5 1/2 × 8 1/4 inches (14 × 21 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Martin"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "Martin, John: | Classical City"
Lettered below image, lower left: "J Martin. 1816"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Martin, 1789–1854, British, A Classical City, 1816
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.