- The Land of Beulah
- Pen and black ink, pen and brown ink and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 7/8 x 11 3/8 inches (20 x 28.9 cm)
signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower right: "LG from EjB | July 18 1881"
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left to lower right: "In this land the shining ones commonly walked because it was upon the borders of heaven."; on back, in graphite, lower right: "(FAS. NO) 4A/11 (IR 185/1)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beams | Beulah Land (1875 or 1876), gospel hymn | birds | castles | cities | flowers (plants) | grasses | hymn | landscape | literary theme | men | trees | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Duncan Robinson, Acquisitions : The First Decade 1977 - 1986, , Burlington Magazine, vol. 128, October 1986, p. 24, no. 74, N1 B87 128:3 OVERSIZE (YCBA)
Acquisitions : The First Decade 1977-1986, Yale Center for British Art , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, CT, 1986, p. 24, no. 74, N590.2 A7 OVERSIZE (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Burne-Jones, 1833–1898, British, The Land of Beulah, 1881
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.