Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, The Recruiting Officer, 1797
The Recruiting Officer
- Watercolor with pen and red-brown, gray and black ink; verso: watercolor stains. on medium, moderately textured, blued white, laid paper
- Sheet: 4 x 6 inches (10.2 x 15.2 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- chairs | dog (animal) | door | genre subject | men | military, the | office | officer (military officer) | recruiting | room | scale (rule) | table | window
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.