- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor, ink, and gouache on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 3/4 × 11 5/8 inches (22.2 × 29.5 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, center: "Finsbury Square"
Collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
Signed in black ink lower right: "G. Shepherd | 1814"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bushes | carriage | chimneys | cityscape | fence | horses (animals) | men | row houses | street lamps | streets | windows
- Associated Places:
- England | Islington | London | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
George Sidney Shepherd, 1784–1862, British, Finsbury Square, 1814
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.