- Watercolor, ink, and gouache on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 3/4 × 11 5/8 inches (22.2 × 29.5 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, center: "Finsbury Square"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
Signed in black ink lower right: "G. Shepherd | 1814"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bushes | carriage | chimneys | cityscape | fence | horses (animals) | men | row houses | street lamps | streets | windows
- Associated Places:
- England | Islington | London | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
George Sidney Shepherd, 1784–1862, British, Finsbury Square, 1814
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.