The Vine Inn, Vine Yard, Aldersgate in the City of London
- Watercolor, brown ink, graphite, and gouache on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- 6 15/16 × 10 1/2 inches (17.6 × 26.7 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, center left: "CH 75/A"; lower right: "[...]"
Signed in ink, lower left: "T. Hosmer Shepherd"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | balcony | carriage | cart | chickens | chimneys | cityscape | courtyard | dog (animal) | horse (animal) | laundry | pail | windows | woman
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Hosmer Shepherd, 1792–1864, British, The Vine Inn, Vine Yard, Aldersgate in the City of London, undated