The Vine Inn, Vine Yard, Aldersgate in the City of London
- Watercolor, brown ink, graphite, and gouache on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 15/16 × 10 1/2 inches (17.6 × 26.7 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, center left: "CH 75/A"; lower right: "[...]"
Signed in ink, lower left: "T. Hosmer Shepherd"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | balcony | carriage | cart | chickens | chimneys | cityscape | courtyard | dog (animal) | horse (animal) | laundry | pail | windows | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Hosmer Shepherd, 1792–1864, British, The Vine Inn, Vine Yard, Aldersgate in the City of London, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.