The Summer Lodden, Sept. 1832: A Still Life Study of Three Apples
- Graphite and watercolor on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 11/16 × 7 13/16 inches (14.4 × 19.8 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower left: "The Summer Lodden"; upper center: "JS. Sept 1832 | Summer Lodden | Clip 2 1/4 2 1/2"
Signed in brown ink, lower right; "J.Sillett"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apples | fruit | grass | still life
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Sillett, 1764–1840, British, The Summer Lodden, Sept. 1832: A Still Life Study of Three Apples, 1832
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.