Alpine Bridge and Woodland Scenery near Pistil y Maw
- Watercolor over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 6 1/8 x 8 3/4 inches (15.6 x 22.2 cm) and 9 7/8 x 14 5/8 inches (25.1 x 37.1 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink on a section of the old mount (detached): "Alpine Bridge & Woodland Scenery near Pistil y Maw. | NB The General rich Accompanyment of the Cascales of Pistil y Maw, Pistil y Cani, & Dol y melyn lyn."; in graphite, verso, upper left: "3696 | Warwick Smith"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge (built work) | cliffs | forest | landscape | men | river
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Warwick Smith, 1749–1831, British, Alpine Bridge and Woodland Scenery near Pistil y Maw, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.