Alpine Bridge and Woodland Scenery near Pistil y Maw
- Watercolor over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/8 x 8 3/4 inches (15.6 x 22.2 cm) and Contemporary drawn border: 9 7/8 x 14 5/8 inches (25.1 x 37.1 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink on a section of the old mount (detached): "Alpine Bridge & Woodland Scenery near Pistil y Maw. | NB The General rich Accompanyment of the Cascales of Pistil y Maw, Pistil y Cani, & Dol y melyn lyn."; in graphite, verso, upper left: "3696 | Warwick Smith"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge (built work) | cliffs | forest | landscape | men | river
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
John Warwick Smith, 1749–1831, British, Alpine Bridge and Woodland Scenery near Pistil y Maw, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.