IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Joseph Mallord William Turner, 1775–1851, British, Corsica, between 1830 and 1835
- Former Title(s):
- between 1830 and 1835
- Watercolor and scratching out on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 5 1/2 x 7 3/8 inches (14 x 18.7 cm)
Inscribed on back in graphite lower left: "Turner | Corsica"; in graphite lower right: "J 3545"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- city | cliffs | clouds | Grand Tour | island | pink (color) | reflection
- Associated Places:
- Corsica | Europe | France | Mediterranean Sea
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Behold the Sea (Yale Center for British Art, 2003-06-14 - 2003-09-07) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Translations - Turner and Printmaking (Yale Center for British Art, 1993-09-29 - 1993-12-05) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Eric M. Lee, Translations : Turner and printmaking, Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, 1993, p. 43, no. 186, NJ18 .T85 L44 1993 (YCBA) [YCBA]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.