- A Large Christmas Card
- Woodcut on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/4 x 6 1/8 inches (23.5 x 15.6 cm) and Image: 8 x 5 3/16 inches (20.3 x 13.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Reproduction . Nordeut."; on back, lower right: "UNKNOWN 10th c. | (after AUBREY BEARDSLEY)"
Lettereed in black ink, within image, lower right: "AUBREY BEARDSLEY"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boy | card | child | Christianity | Christmas | Christmas card | crown (costume component) | dark | dress | fence | floral patterns | flowers (plants) | fur | holding | Madonna: i.e. Mary with the Christ-child | mantle | portrait | religious and mythological subject | roses (plant) | tassels | trees | woman
- Associated People:
- The Virgin Mary
Jesus Christ (7-2 BC/BCE to 30-36 AD/CE)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by unknown artist, A Large Christmas Card, 1895
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.