Study of a Man
- Materials & Techniques:
- Black chalk and white chalk on thin, slightly textured, blue laid paper
- Sheet: 17 × 10 1/2 inches (43.2 × 26.7 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, upper center: "C1Gx"; lower right: "10.6"; in graphite, lower center: "2719"
Signed on verso in pen and brown ink, upper center: "NSmith"; dated on verso in pen and brown ink, upper left: "Decr. 31 | 1743"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- gentleman | man | portrait | study (visual work)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.