Study of a Woman
- Black chalk and white chalk on thin, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- 16 3/4 × 10 1/4 inches (42.5 × 26 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, upper center: "dICx"; lower right: "10.6"; in graphite, lower center: "2720"
Signed on verso in pen and brown ink, upper center: "NSmith"; dated on verso in red chalk, upper left: "Decr. 21 | 1743"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dress (costume) | figure study | portrait | woman
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.