Venus, after Masters of Tarrochi
- Wood-engraving on medium, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 6 7/16 x 6 7/16 inches (16.3 x 16.3 cm) and Image: 2 3/8 x 2 9/16 inches (6 x 6.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on front, lower center: "Eng'd by Burgess for Another Portfolio | See Vol XX 2 5 a"
Marked in orange ink, on back, collector's stamp: "Yale UNI | VERSITY | GALLERY | OF FINE | ARTS"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of The Frederick Benjamin Kaye Memorial Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- clouds | goddess | lake | long hair | mythology | nude | religious and mythological subject | rocks (landforms) | shell | trees | water | woman
- Associated People:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Arthur Burgess, 1844–1886, Venus, after Masters of Tarrochi, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.