IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Arthur Burgess, 1844–1886, Venus, after Masters of Tarrochi, undated
Venus, after Masters of Tarrochi
- Wood-engraving on medium, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 6 7/16 x 6 7/16 inches (16.3 x 16.3 cm), Image: 2 3/8 x 2 9/16 inches (6 x 6.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on front, lower center: "Eng'd by Burgess for Another Portfolio | See Vol XX 2 5 a"
Marked in orange ink, on back, collector's stamp: "Yale UNI | VERSITY | GALLERY | OF FINE | ARTS"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of The Frederick Benjamin Kaye Memorial Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- clouds | goddess | lake | long hair | mythology | nude | religious and mythological subject | rocks (landforms) | shell | trees | water | woman
- Associated People:
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Ruskin - Past: Present: Future (Yale Center for British Art, 2000-01-20 - 2000-02-27) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.