- Venus, after Masters of Tarrochi
- Wood-engraving on medium, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 6 7/16 x 6 7/16 inches (16.3 x 16.3 cm) and Image: 2 3/8 x 2 9/16 inches (6 x 6.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on front, lower center: "Eng'd by Burgess for Another Portfolio | See Vol XX 2 5 a"
Marked in orange ink, on back, collector's stamp: "Yale UNI | VERSITY | GALLERY | OF FINE | ARTS"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of The Frederick Benjamin Kaye Memorial Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- clouds | goddess | lake | long hair | mythology | nude | religious and mythological subject | rocks (landforms) | shell | trees | water | woman
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Arthur Burgess, 1844–1886, Venus, after Masters of Tarrochi, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.