- Graphite and gray wash on medium, smooth, cream wove paper mounted on medium, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 8 1/4 x 11 inches (21 x 27.9 cm) and Mount: 10 3/4 × 14 7/8 inches (27.3 × 37.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Harlech [...]"; lower right: "JWD. RA"
Collector's mark:T.E. Lowinsky owner's stamp "TEL"; watermark: "J Whatman 1801"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "JWD. RA"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- houses | landscape | mountains
- Associated Places:
- Cymru | Harlech | United Kingdom | Wales
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
James Ward, 1769–1859, British, Harlech, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.