- Portrait of Lieutenant General Edmund Ludlow
- Plumbago on vellum
- Sheet: 5 × 3 3/8 inches (12.7 × 8.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right verso: "Lt. Gen. Ludlow" (sic); and above in graphite: "Gen. Ludlow".
Signed in graphite lower right: "R.W.F"; not dated.
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of John Hay Whitney, Yale BA 1926, Yale MA (HON.) 1956, transfer from the Yale University Library and the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- man | portrait | wig
- Associated People:
- Ludlow [Ludlowe], Edmund (1616/17–1692), army officer and regicide
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Robert White, 1645–1703, British, Portrait of Lieutenant General Edmund Ludlow, 1689
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.