West Cowes, Isle of Wight
- Brown and gray wash and pen brown ink on medium, cream, smooth wove paper mounted on moderately thick, cream card
- 5 5/8 x 9 1/4 inches (14.3 x 23.5 cm) and 7 1/2 x 11 1/4 inches (19.1 x 28.6 cm)
Inscribed on mount, lower center: "West Cowes. I. of Wight"; in graphite, verso, on mount, lower left: "West Cowes. Isle of Wight"; in graphite, verso, lower center: "123"; in graphite, verso, lower left: "1947.43 E80 O/J/H | 10/0/--"; in pen and ink, verso, lower left: "E.C.V. 2S5"
Yale University Gallery of Fine Arts collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Miss Elizabeth Manwaring
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bathing machines | beach | boats | channel (water body component) | clouds | landscape | leisure | sailboats | seashore | ships
- Associated Places:
- England | English Channel | Europe | Isle of Wight | United Kingdom | West Cowes
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.