- Entrance to the Hudson Highlands
- Pen and brown ink and brown wash with white gouache over graphite with scraping out on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 × 7 inches (12.7 × 17.8 cm)
Inscribed on verso, in black ink, lower center: " Entrance to the Hudson Highland | near Newburgh". , center right: "[...]"
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower right: " Entrance to the Hudson Highlands | W. H. Bartlett"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mrs. John Hill Morgan
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bays (bodies of water) | boats | figures | landscape | marine art | mountains | sails
- Associated Places:
- Hudson Highlands State Park | New York | United States
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
William Henry Bartlett, 1809–1854, British, Entrance to the Hudson Highlands, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.