IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
John Burr, 1831–1893, British, Drifting, 1885
- Watercolor, white gouache, and graphite on thick, rough, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 × 10 inches (35.6 × 25.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Drifting"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower right:"JBurr | 16 March 85"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, The Edwin Austin Abbey Memorial Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- couple | fence | figures (representations) | flirting | man | woman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.