IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Thomas Crofton Croker, 1798–1854, British, Tumulus near Newry, undated
Tumulus near Newry
- Additional Title(s):
Aughna Clough Mullin
- Pen and brown ink on medium,slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/4 × 14 3/8 inches (23.5 × 36.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, center left: "Aughnaclough Mullin. These excavations concerning which much | difference of opinion has prevailed amongst antiquaries, are situated on | a claim about five miles distant from the town of Newry and near the | summit of Shive Gullins Mountains. | There are 4 apartments 37 feet in length." in graphite lower right : "1959.38.91"; inscribed on verso in graphite, center: "XXIX 7.6 Croker | Near Newby | 12/6"; Extensive inscriptions on verso in pen and brown ink
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Transfer from the Yale University Library and the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | burial mounds | doorway | trees
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.