- A Scene from "The Abbot"
- Watercolor with pen and brown ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/4 x 7 1/8 inches (23.5 x 18.1 cm)
Inscribed verso in graphite, lower right: "Blue [...]. | D25227HX"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Everett V. Meeks, Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- gown | literary theme | man | novel | performance | queen (person) | royalty | tableau vivant | The Abbot by Sir Walter Scott, 1820 | theater (discipline) | throne | veil | women
- Associated Places:
- England | Hatfield | Hatfield House | Hertfordshire | United Kingdom
- Associated People:
- Mary [Mary Stewart] (1542–1587), queen of Scots
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Sir David Wilkie, 1785–1841, British, A Scene from "The Abbot", 1833
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.