- Six Designs for Coleridge's Rime of the Ancient Mariner: The Spirit of the South Sends Forth the Albatross as a Sign of Peace to the Ship
- ca. 1831
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 11 13/16 × 9 5/16 inches (30 × 23.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "The spirit of the south pole | sending forth peace [...] [...] | [ship?] in the form of the albatross"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Transfer from the Yale University Library and the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
David Scott, 1806–1849, British, Six Designs for Coleridge's Rime of the Ancient Mariner: The Spirit of the South Sends Forth the Albatross as a Sign of Peace to the Ship, ca. 1831
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.