- Letter to Rev. Richard Burney with drawing of Colossal Head from British Museum Courtyard
- Watercolor, pen and black and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/2 × 8 1/4 inches (16.5 × 21 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, upper right: "See Bebgone. | Page 184. | The sketch on | This paper was | made in The | front court of | The Brit. Museum | while the dol of. | Sal head stood | There, irrevious | to its removal | into the house." Inscribed in brown ink, center: "THe Rev_ Richard Burney"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Abel Cary Thomas, B.A. 1905
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Francis Burney, 1760–1848, British, Letter to Rev. Richard Burney with drawing of Colossal Head from British Museum Courtyard, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.