A Life on the Ocean Wave
- Gray wash and graphite with pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper mounted on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 3 3/16 × 3 9/16 inches (8.1 × 9 cm) and Mount: 3 3/4 × 4 1/8 inches (9.5 × 10.5 cm)
Inscribed on mount in graphite, lower center: "A life in the Ocean Wave:"
Signed in pen and black ink, lower left: "George Sala"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Transfer from the Yale University Library and the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bottles | chairs | dining tables | eating | food | genre subject | people
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
George Augustus Sala, 1828–1895, British, A Life on the Ocean Wave, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.