A Life on the Ocean Wave
- Gray wash and graphite with pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper mounted on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 3 3/16 × 3 9/16 inches (8.1 × 9 cm) and Mount: 3 3/4 × 4 1/8 inches (9.5 × 10.5 cm)
Inscribed on mount in graphite, lower center: "A life in the Ocean Wave:"
Signed in pen and black ink, lower left: "George Sala"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Transfer from the Yale University Library and the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bottles | chairs | dining tables | eating | food | genre subject | people
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
George Augustus Sala, 1828–1895, British, A Life on the Ocean Wave, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.